Sunday, February 17, 2008

Its a love hate relationship

I have polar opposite feelings about school. I never had any huge
ambitions to earn a graduate degree, but i started my MBA because of
the grant I had from Americorp. I took a few semesters off when
everything got bussier with my job.. But now seemed a good time to try
to finish it up. So I transferrd over to university of Memphis this
semester and this is where I'm at....
- I get so excited when I think about the subjects I'm learning like
Organizational Behavior, Critical Thinking, and Operations Management.
When the semester starts and I flip through the textbook, I actually
get excited to spend time reading through it. But then...
- I get stuck on some irrelevant detail like "decision Avoidance
Theories" which goes on for 30 pages (seriously!).. And my brain can
focus to save my life. I actually tried timing myself while reading
each page, making each page a race, therefore forcing myself to focus!
Then....
- someone invites me to the movies, dinner, flea market, u name it..
It all seems like too much fun to pass up

- the next thing I know.. The weekends over, I'm unprepareed, and
frustersted that I'm not getting to

2 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

ugh Liz!!! School is the same for me!!! You can do it though! You should allow yourself 1 interruption for fun a weekend and once you get it out of your system get back to work!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting back into the school thing! I'm sure it'll get easier to focus once you are further into it. But it will ALWAYS be hard to turn down the "other" stuff that is much more enticing!
~Liz N.